Q. How can I change one of my Guest users to a role which requires a full license or vise versa - the drop down box on the user's profile page won't let me chose the right role.
A. Yes, the Guest uses a "free" license and is different from a "paid" license so it can't be done directly but can be done by following these steps:
- Open the user's profile page who you want to switch and set a fake email address for him/her ie for user Jim set email to Jim@example.com (example.com is ignored by our email server so won't create undeliverable email) - and if the person has a User Name then change that too - something simple like adding an "x" to the user name will suffice.
- On that same page Un-Check the box which says "can login".
- Click all the checkboxes of all the activities shown from the filter you set (Note you can click the higher level parent tasks and click the little arrow to the right of the checkbox to include all lower level tasks.
- See the Batch menu which pops up and click "Change User" and click the + to add the new user to all those listed activities.
- the old user from those activities using the "-" button at the step 6.